I’ve been tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, Ka Jolo, for the “seven things” meme that’s been going around. Normally I’m not one for memes, but I’ve really enjoyed finding out more about the people behind the in-game faces that I always read about, so here goes. The rules are as follows:
- Link to the original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about myself in the post - some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
I’m going to skip the last two, since it seems almost every EVE blog had already been tagged before I even noticed the meme going around. [Edited: And then I sat on the post forever after I was off on holiday vacation… so now I’m really late to the party.] So without further excuses:
- I’ve been a software engineer for 10 years, but I never completed my university degree. (Hey, it was the dot-com era! Who needed a degree?)
- My day job also kinda involves piracy, so there are pirate flags all over my office. It makes for lots of yarrr-age.
- I once helped run a MUSH named “Star Wars: Galaxies” years before the coincidentally similarly-named MMO began.
- I have a dog, a cat, and pet rats. (Well, currently only one rat left. We’ve chosen some new playmates for him that will be joining us as soon as they’re old enough.)
- I have an irrational hatred of ants, after a traumatic experience when I was 14.
- Master of Orion 2 was my favorite video game of all time. I once stayed up for about 30-something hours straight playing it.
- I love riding motorcycles, and own two. No, I don’t really need two. No, I don’t really have the space for two.
There. Now, finally, back to the combat logs!